In the Blink of an Eye

Although this excerpt was very informative and interesting, it revolved heavily around certain films that I, and probably others, have not seen. That being said, it does make me want to see such films like Apocalypse Now and Ropes just to see what techniques were used to better understand this excerpt. I can't say I am surprise at the amount of film that had to be used since the time period was before digital editing was popular, but just putting it into perspective really makes you think about how easy we have it nowadays with everything being digital. However, personally, I still spend hours upon hours editing together anything I do; even if it is a minute long video - I can spend up to five hours editing it together. So, in a way, I see how time consuming editing really can be and how much time and effort these editors put into their films. As for the cuts/shadow cuts, I realized I make these cuts without even thinking about it or realizing I am doing so at the time, but I believe they can prove to be effective in the final product if they are executed efficiently.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hollywood Questions

Final Project

Methods of Montage